Get a load of all the scary stuff in the latest trailer for Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak. It’s packed with with pipes that spew blood, bony apparitions, high collared ensembles, and—most terrifyingly—Jessica Chastain stares.
The film stars Mia Wasikowska as a woman who moves into a spooky house as the bride of Tom Hiddleston’s character. Also residing there: his sister (Chastain) and what seems to be a whole host of spirits. The exact threat is ambiguous, but let’s say the house doesn’t look cozy.
The film is due out in the appropriately eerie month of October.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating