Pitch Perfect 2 is a movie that takes a relatively low-stakes situation — collegiate a capella — and makes it feel like the most urgent matter in the world. “I find that really charming!” Anna Kendrick told TIME recently. “It doesn’t have to be like, the city’s going to blow up if we don’t defuse the bomb.” So when the actress stopped by Jimmy Fallon’s The Tonight Show to promote the sequel, in theaters Friday, it was only right that she made a silly, pointless game feel as tense as a riff-off.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate