Meet Rosetta and Bonanza, a.k.a. Jimmy Fallon and Charlize Theron.
During Theron’s appearance on The Tonight Show Monday, the Mad Max star dressed up in an outfit chosen by Fallon, while Fallon appeared in a get-up of Theron’s choosing. The two ended up looking positively ridiculous, their looks akin to something out of Julie Taymor’s Across The Universe.
Theron got a mess of curls, a tiny hat, and some gold Hammer pants to transform into the character Fallon named “Bonanza.” Fallon, meanwhile, got a ginger bowl cut, a pink jump suit, and some cheetah-print shoes with dice in the clear heels as Theron’s creation, “Rosetta McClintock.”
Bonanza once played bass for Prince, according to Fallon, so the segment ended with a jam session. Naturally.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement