Tightrope walking is in Nik Wallenda’s blood. As a seventh generation member of the Flying Wallendas, a circus family known for performing their stunts on the high-wire without a net, Nik has set his sights on pushing the limits of what is physically possible on a tightrope.
Many of his daredevil acts have been inspired by his fellow funambulist family members, and carrying on his family tradition has earned him 9 Guinness World Records and made him a household name.
From walking across the Grand Canyon and Niagara Falls to unconventional stunts like his latest walk on the 400 foot tall spinning Orlando Eye, Wallenda has brought a new generation of fans to the family tradition of high wire stunts. But Nik believes his greatest accomplishment is inspiring others to chase their dreams and to never give up.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time