A baby red kangaroo and four baby goats were stolen from a Wisconsin Zoo, officials confirmed Sunday.
Workers at Special Memories Zoo in Greenville, Wisconsin, discovered the animals were missing Wednesday morning, according to owner Dona Wheeler. She said the joey was taken directly from the mother’s pouch, injuring the mother in the process.
“There’s just bad people in the world,” Wheeler told NBC News. “It’s very, very upsetting.”
Wheeler said she and her husband have operated the zoo for 15 years and never had any issues with theft. They now plan to add surveillance cameras and additional locks in …
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World