A baby red kangaroo and four baby goats were stolen from a Wisconsin Zoo, officials confirmed Sunday.
Workers at Special Memories Zoo in Greenville, Wisconsin, discovered the animals were missing Wednesday morning, according to owner Dona Wheeler. She said the joey was taken directly from the mother’s pouch, injuring the mother in the process.
“There’s just bad people in the world,” Wheeler told NBC News. “It’s very, very upsetting.”
Wheeler said she and her husband have operated the zoo for 15 years and never had any issues with theft. They now plan to add surveillance cameras and additional locks in …
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating