A Chicago train derailed at O’Hare International Airport on Monday, injuring 32 people. Union officials stated that the operator of the train that jumped its tracks before scaling up an escalator may have dozed off at the wheel, according to the Associated Press.
Now, a video has been leaked of the train as it barrels into the station. In the video, a security guard and a man are seen running out of the way. There are more than 40 surveillance cameras in the CTA’s Blue Line O’Hare station, according to ABC News. Officials have not disclosed whether the video came from one of those cameras.
“CTA did not release a video and does not have a comment at this time. All matters are being handled by the NTSB,” a CTA spokesperson told TIME.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working