In a heartwarming video going viral this week, Lacey Parker, a 10-year-old girl with Down syndrome, finds out she nabbed a spot on the cheerleading team at North DeSoto Middle School in Stonewall, La.—following in the footsteps of her sisters.
The 40-second video of the youngster reading the roster on an iPad at home and shouting “I made it!” as family members embrace her has been viewed more than 3.8 million times and shared more than 50,000 times since it was uploaded to Facebook on May 1 by her mom Renee Parker.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow