In a heartwarming video going viral this week, Lacey Parker, a 10-year-old girl with Down syndrome, finds out she nabbed a spot on the cheerleading team at North DeSoto Middle School in Stonewall, La.—following in the footsteps of her sisters.
The 40-second video of the youngster reading the roster on an iPad at home and shouting “I made it!” as family members embrace her has been viewed more than 3.8 million times and shared more than 50,000 times since it was uploaded to Facebook on May 1 by her mom Renee Parker.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time