Natalie Portman will play Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in On the Basis of Sex, EW has confirmed. Deadline.com was first to report the news.The film will follow Ginsburg’s life as she fights for equality in her career as the second (and first Jewish) female justice. Marielle Heller (The Diary of a Teenage Girl) is in negotiations to direct, with a script being written by Daniel Stiepleman.
The film is on track to start production by the end of 2015. The casting continues an excellent year for Portman in the industry: She recently received acclaim for Terence Malick’s Knight of Cups, and her directorial debut, A Tale of Love And Darkness, which she adapted from Amos Oz’s memoir, will have its world premiere next week at the Cannes Film Festival.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow