Natalie Portman will play Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg in On the Basis of Sex, EW has confirmed. Deadline.com was first to report the news.The film will follow Ginsburg’s life as she fights for equality in her career as the second (and first Jewish) female justice. Marielle Heller (The Diary of a Teenage Girl) is in negotiations to direct, with a script being written by Daniel Stiepleman.
The film is on track to start production by the end of 2015. The casting continues an excellent year for Portman in the industry: She recently received acclaim for Terence Malick’s Knight of Cups, and her directorial debut, A Tale of Love And Darkness, which she adapted from Amos Oz’s memoir, will have its world premiere next week at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer