While many followed coverage of the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual gala and wished they could own the dresses the stars were wearing, one comedian on the web found one way to make his own–just call it DIY couture.
Canadian actor Mina Gerges uploaded a picture to Instagram of his own version of Kim Kardashian’s sheer, feather-covered Roberto Cavalli gown from Monday night. He made the outfit using a beige curtain, white paint, and white feathers.
This took a while... pic.twitter.com/qjg9or4h2g
— Mina (@itsMinaGerges) May 7, 2015
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow