Nervous about having a Jaws encounter on the Jersey Shore this summer? Just check Twitter before you head to the beach.
The research group OCEARCH lets you track all of the great white sharks it has tagged on its app and website, with each shark sending a ping every time its dorsal fin surfaces above the water, according to NJ.com. The group has been tweeting the progress of one shark, named Mary Lee, as she swims up the Jersey coast, just about 10 miles offshore.
Mary Lee was tagged in Cape Cod in 2012 and weighs 3456 lbs. As of Friday morning, she looked to be halfway between Atlantic City and Long Beach Island.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization