Stephen Colbert is giving back to teachers in his home state.
The comedian and future host of the Late Show announced Thursday that he will fund all grant requests made by South Carolina public school teachers on crowd-funding website Donorschoose.org. The generous gift will fund the projects of more than 800 teachers and cost Colbert, a South Carolina native, a total of $800,000, The Greenville News reports.
Colbert, who serves on the board of directors of Donorschoose, made the surprise announcement through a live stream broadcast at Alexander Elementary School in Greenville, South Carolina. In 2011, Colbert partnered with Jimmy Fallon to raise money for Donorschoose, and as a result the world got this glorious rendition of Rebecca Black’s “Friday.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time