Stephen Colbert is giving back to teachers in his home state.
The comedian and future host of the Late Show announced Thursday that he will fund all grant requests made by South Carolina public school teachers on crowd-funding website Donorschoose.org. The generous gift will fund the projects of more than 800 teachers and cost Colbert, a South Carolina native, a total of $800,000, The Greenville News reports.
Colbert, who serves on the board of directors of Donorschoose, made the surprise announcement through a live stream broadcast at Alexander Elementary School in Greenville, South Carolina. In 2011, Colbert partnered with Jimmy Fallon to raise money for Donorschoose, and as a result the world got this glorious rendition of Rebecca Black’s “Friday.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears