Forget Lorne Michaels, according to Late Night with Seth Meyers, Anna Wintour is comedy’s kingmaker. Turns out the Vogue editor was actually the one behind Saturday Night Live, and she even told Jerry Seinfeld that Seinfeld should be a show about nothing.
With Wintour’s vaunted position in the comedy world now revealed, the Late Night team got their very own September Issue-style documentary, showing how Wintour is calling all the shots in their operation. Meyers may think it’s a “partnership,” but to Wintour it’s “teacher-student.” Yes, she rules the place with an iron deadpan.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow