An Australian girl sought to make herself the newest member of the royal family by proposing to Prince Harry before he left Australia.
Victoria McRae even dressed the part: she wore a plastic crown, and made a big sign to get the Prince’s attention at the event at the Sydney Opera House, the BBC reports.
Harry didn’t accept the proposal outright, however. He told McRae he’d have to think about it. But she did manage to kiss him fully on the lips.
Later, Harry said, “I never expected that many people to turn out [at the Opera House] … I got more than one kiss.”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time