Most expectant mothers get their first glimpse of their baby during the ultrasound. However, if you’re a mom-to-be who can’t see, the ultrasound experience might be a less profound experience.
“Meeting Murilo,” a video posted by the Brazilian branch of Huggies, however, is showing the world how one blind woman was able to share in the awe of that first ultrasound moment, even if she couldn’t see. Tatiana Guerra, 30, has been blind for almost half her life and now primarily experiences the world through touch.
“If you could touch him, would that let you know what he’s like?” her doctor asks. When Tatiana says yes, he presents her with a 3D-printed rendering of the ultrasound that Tatiana can touch and use to “meet” Murilo in a way she otherwise couldn’t until he was born.
And that, folks, is how a diaper ad makes you tear up.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time