Most expectant mothers get their first glimpse of their baby during the ultrasound. However, if you’re a mom-to-be who can’t see, the ultrasound experience might be a less profound experience.
“Meeting Murilo,” a video posted by the Brazilian branch of Huggies, however, is showing the world how one blind woman was able to share in the awe of that first ultrasound moment, even if she couldn’t see. Tatiana Guerra, 30, has been blind for almost half her life and now primarily experiences the world through touch.
“If you could touch him, would that let you know what he’s like?” her doctor asks. When Tatiana says yes, he presents her with a 3D-printed rendering of the ultrasound that Tatiana can touch and use to “meet” Murilo in a way she otherwise couldn’t until he was born.
And that, folks, is how a diaper ad makes you tear up.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow