Love him or hate him, Jar Jar Binks is one of the most colorful characters in the Star Wars universe. The fast (and weird) talking Gungan may not be around for much longer, though, if J.J. Abrams is to be believed.
“I have a thought about putting Jar Jar Binks’s bones in the desert there,” Abrams, the director of the iconic film series’ upcoming seventh installment, told Vanity Fair while seated at an edit bay in front of frames from the movie. “I’m serious! Only three people will notice, but they’ll love it.”
That’s not all Abrams and others reveal about the upcoming film, titled (as most of you probably already know) Star Wars: The Force Awakens, in a behind-the-scenes dive in Vanity Fair’s latest cover story. An elaborate photo shoot on the film’s set features several actors and characters that will take the story of a “long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away” forward in the post-George Lucas era, including Oscar winner Lupita Nyong’o.
The actress appears to be covered in CGI dots, so you’ll have to look closely to learn which animated character she plays (just as long as it’s not surnamed Binks.)
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer