Apple Watch is the top smartwatch when compared to a handful of other popular devices on the market, a new report says.
Product-testing nonprofit Consumer Reports said Monday that in a pool of 11 smartwatches, the Apple Watch scored the highest in lab tests of durability, health functionality, readability, ease of use and ease of interaction. Second place was a tie between the Android-powered LG G Watch R and the Apple Watch Sport, which is the low-end Apple Watch.
Here’s a look at the top four smartwatches (not counting the 38mm and 42mm Apple Watches as different devices):
“In the end, our top-rated smartwatch is the stainless-steel Apple Watch. Its performance on the scratch-resistance test and excellent scores for ease of pairing and ease of interaction make it our top choice,” Consumer Reports writes. “Not an iPhone user? Not to worry, several Android-compatible models and one multi-OS-compatible smartwatch [Pebble Steel] got very good overall scores as well. ”
Read next: 7 Most Surprising Things About Owning an Apple Watch
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- Matthew Macfadyen on Succession Series Finale
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction