A large tree collapsed at a park in Chelsea, Mass. Monday evening, injuring two children and leaving the park closed for inspection, the city police department announced in a press release.
The collapse, captured on video, occurred in the “children’s playing area” of the park. Children can be seen running and playing in the seconds before the tree falls. The two injured boys, ages 2 and 8, were transported to local hospitals and were being treated for serious injuries.
“I am wishing both of the injured children a speedy recovery and am grateful that others in the park escaped injury,” said Chelsea Police Chief Brian A. Kyes in a statement.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This