The Harlem Globetrotters have a new star: Pope Francis.
Members of the exhibition basketball team presented the Pope with a custom jersey, showing the name “Pope Francis” and the number 90, on Wednesday at the Vatican, according to reports.
Team members showed off a few moves for the public waiting for an audience with the Pope before their own meeting.
Pope Francis isn’t the first Pope to hang out with the Globetrotters, who are in Italy as part of an international tour. Pope John Paul II met the team in 2000.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief