Ever wondered how to spot a feminist? Well, have a look on Twitter because users are warring over the sexist hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist.
Created by conservative radio host Doc Thompson for his show The Morning Blaze, the tweet, intended to mock feminists, garnered a whole manner of replies that unsurprisingly relied on hackneyed stereotypes portraying feminists as fat, ugly man-haters with too much facial hair.
Then, in a glorious way, things got turned around. Feminists took to Twitter to show that a feminist can be any and every woman (and man). Some made poignant statements about feminism being about equality between the sexes, about equal pay and breaking down stereotypes, while others were just hilariously sarcastic.
Way to take back the Internet, feminists!
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022