Ever wondered how to spot a feminist? Well, have a look on Twitter because users are warring over the sexist hashtag #HowToSpotAFeminist.
Created by conservative radio host Doc Thompson for his show The Morning Blaze, the tweet, intended to mock feminists, garnered a whole manner of replies that unsurprisingly relied on hackneyed stereotypes portraying feminists as fat, ugly man-haters with too much facial hair.
Then, in a glorious way, things got turned around. Feminists took to Twitter to show that a feminist can be any and every woman (and man). Some made poignant statements about feminism being about equality between the sexes, about equal pay and breaking down stereotypes, while others were just hilariously sarcastic.
Way to take back the Internet, feminists!
- LeBron James Could Take Pickleball—Yes, Pickleball—to the Next Level
- It's Going to Be a Lot More Expensive to Heat Your Home This Winter. Here's What To Expect
- The U.S. Might Be the Surprising Determining Factor in the Future of Armenia
- Rapper Saucy Santana Is Opening a Door For His Community
- Here are the Biggest Moments from the TIME100 Leadership Forum and Impact Awards in Singapore
- Column: Russia Wants to Lock Ukraine Back in the Soviet Cellar
- As the Kanjuruhan Tragedy Shows, Indonesia Has Not Resolved Its Long-Standing Problem of Soccer Violence
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in October 2022
- A New Documentary Series Illuminates the History and Evolution of Queer Horror