Toms wants you to Instagram your feet—just make sure you’re not wearing shoes.
The footwear company will offer a pair of shoes to a child in need in exchange for each photo (one per person) of bare feet that is posted to Instagram between May 5 and May 21 with the hashtag #WITHOUTSHOES. Up to 1 million pairs will be donated; by Tuesday evening, the hashtag had more than 31,000 posts.
The initiative is part of its eighth annual One Day Without Shoes campaign. The total number of shoes it will gave away will be announced on May 21.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy