Vance Joy is doing for Taylor Swift as Taylor Swift did for Vance Joy.
Swift gave the Australian singer-songwriter’s “Riptide” a piano-heavy cover on BBC1’s Live Lounge back in October, as she was preparing to release 1989. Now, Joy has covered Swift’s 1989 song “I Know Places,” giving that track the intimate treatment Swift gave “Riptide.” The accompanying video highlights Joy’s guitar work on the song, which, as it appears on the album, shows Swift going full pop.
The Swift-Joy mutual admiration society will continue, as he is joining Swift on her just-launched tour.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out