Vance Joy is doing for Taylor Swift as Taylor Swift did for Vance Joy.
Swift gave the Australian singer-songwriter’s “Riptide” a piano-heavy cover on BBC1’s Live Lounge back in October, as she was preparing to release 1989. Now, Joy has covered Swift’s 1989 song “I Know Places,” giving that track the intimate treatment Swift gave “Riptide.” The accompanying video highlights Joy’s guitar work on the song, which, as it appears on the album, shows Swift going full pop.
The Swift-Joy mutual admiration society will continue, as he is joining Swift on her just-launched tour.
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer
- What to Know About the Monkeypox Drug TPOXX—And Why It's So Hard to Get
- The Year's Final Supermoon Reminds Us Why We Love the Night Sky
- A Hotter World Means More Disease Outbreaks in Our Future
- How The Sandman Author Neil Gaiman Drew Inspiration From His Nightmares
- Candace Parker Is a Force in Basketball and Beyond
- Dropbox Tossed Out the Workplace Rulebook. Here’s How That’s Working