Jimmy Fallon has a knack for making viral videos out of celebrity game nights, but on Monday’s episode of The Tonight Show he took a sharp left turn into unknown territory and the results are kind of amazing. With the help of Jack Black, Fallon orchestrated a shot-for-shot remake of the 1990 music video for Extreme’s “More Than Words.”
Normally one would say, “Well, someone had to do it,” but in this case that’s not true — no one had to do a shot-for-shot remake of the “More Than Words” video, but it’s great that they did. The recreation is intimate, heartfelt and completely, hilariously bizarre. Black and Fallon are truly committed to taking their jobs very seriously and, for once, Fallon managed not to break character.
Extreme won a Grammy for the song (really!) and hopefully The Tonight Show can get some accolades for this feat. Please, give the wig department all the Emmys.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating