A college student is facing felony charges after a hidden camera allegedly showed her spitting and pouring cleaning fluid in her roommates’ food.
The video — recorded on February 4 — appears to show University of South Carolina student Hayley King, 22, taking food belonging to her two roommates out of a refrigerator and contaminating it, NBC affiliate WIS reported.
King’s roommates set up the camera after “multiple altercations” with the suspect caused them to fear what she was doing while they were not home, according to an incident report.
Columbia Police accuse King of spitting in food and also pouring Windex on food, the incident report said. One of the victims told police she had actually eaten the tainted items.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving