While bookies were busy paying out the $1.5 million in won bets on Monday, those who correctly guessed the name Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and didn’t put money on it were proudly patting themselves on the back on Twitter.
Yes, everyone wanted to claim a piece of the pie surrounding Prince William and Princess Kate’s baby girl, but with all the guesses floating around on names – Alice, Victoria, Diana and Elizabeth as first names – the odds of getting all three of the little princess’s monikers correct were slim.
Though the gloaters on Twitter aren’t any richer right now, they should still be pleased with their seriously awesome ESP. We’ve rounded up just a few of the proud predictors – and their varying reactions:
One stands out above the rest–he called this all the way back in July 2013
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow