While bookies were busy paying out the $1.5 million in won bets on Monday, those who correctly guessed the name Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana and didn’t put money on it were proudly patting themselves on the back on Twitter.
Yes, everyone wanted to claim a piece of the pie surrounding Prince William and Princess Kate’s baby girl, but with all the guesses floating around on names – Alice, Victoria, Diana and Elizabeth as first names – the odds of getting all three of the little princess’s monikers correct were slim.
Though the gloaters on Twitter aren’t any richer right now, they should still be pleased with their seriously awesome ESP. We’ve rounded up just a few of the proud predictors – and their varying reactions:
One stands out above the rest–he called this all the way back in July 2013
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time