On Sunday, Ryan McHenry, who made a name for himself by poking fun at the celebrity actor in his “Ryan Gosling Won’t Eat His Cereal” Vine series, lost his battle to osteosarcoma (a type of bone cancer) at the age of just 27.
And so on Monday night, Gosling recorded a heartfelt tribute to the man who brought humor to hundreds of thousands as well as providing a deeply personal insight into his battle against cancer.
While McHenry’s creativity brought smiles to fans’ faces, his honesty about his struggle with cancer was the real inspiration.
Below you can enjoy a YouTube compilation of “Ryan Gosling Won’t Eat His Cereal.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve