Seven months after she said she’d never apologize for suggesting Los Angeles cops racially profiled her, “Django Unchained” actress Daniele Watts agreed Monday to apologize to the three officers who detained her and her boyfriend last year, authorities told NBC News.
Watts, who is black, and Brian Lucas, who is white, pleaded no contest Monday to disturbing the peace with loudness in the September 2014 incident, in which police said they responded to a “citizen complaint of indecent exposure” after someone called 911 to complain that two people were engaged in sexual acts in a car parked near the CBS studio lot …
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time