Despite the highly publicized elevator extravaganza at last year’s Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala, Solange Knowles is definitely not shying away from attention this year. Arriving in a printed Giles mini-dress with teensy pleats, Beyoncé’s newlywed kid sister wrote on Instagram, “When @cartier is your date, and Giles is your dress.”
The effect looks like two paper fans on top of each other, which isn’t a bad thing—but definitely fits with Solange’s trademark eccentricity. The whole appearance spurs so many questions: Will she upstage her sister, who usually arrives at the eleventh hour? Does she have to hold her arms out like that all night? We’ll have to wait and see.
- Climate-Conscious Architects Want Europe To Build Less
- The Red-State Governor Who's Not Afraid to Be 'Woke'
- Jonathan Van Ness: We Are Still Not Taking Monkeypox Seriously Enough
- The Not-So-Romantic Return of Europe's Sleeper Trains
- This Filmmaker Set Out To Record Her Family’s Journey Rebuilding Afghanistan. Her Work Is a Reminder of What’s at Stake
- Why Sunscreen Ingredients Need More Safety Data
- What Historians Think of the Joe Biden-Jimmy Carter Comparisons
- Author Mimi Zhu Is Relearning What It Means to Love After Trauma