Despite the highly publicized elevator extravaganza at last year’s Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala, Solange Knowles is definitely not shying away from attention this year. Arriving in a printed Giles mini-dress with teensy pleats, Beyoncé’s newlywed kid sister wrote on Instagram, “When @cartier is your date, and Giles is your dress.”
The effect looks like two paper fans on top of each other, which isn’t a bad thing—but definitely fits with Solange’s trademark eccentricity. The whole appearance spurs so many questions: Will she upstage her sister, who usually arrives at the eleventh hour? Does she have to hold her arms out like that all night? We’ll have to wait and see.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow