Despite the highly publicized elevator extravaganza at last year’s Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala, Solange Knowles is definitely not shying away from attention this year. Arriving in a printed Giles mini-dress with teensy pleats, Beyoncé’s newlywed kid sister wrote on Instagram, “When @cartier is your date, and Giles is your dress.”
The effect looks like two paper fans on top of each other, which isn’t a bad thing—but definitely fits with Solange’s trademark eccentricity. The whole appearance spurs so many questions: Will she upstage her sister, who usually arrives at the eleventh hour? Does she have to hold her arms out like that all night? We’ll have to wait and see.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.