Students recently helped two Teach for America alums get engaged at the school where they teach in the New Orleans area.
In the first half of the video, Chalmette High School teacher Jonathan Holt gets the students in a classroom to propose one by one to his girlfriend and fellow teacher Iris Howorth with candy Ring Pops. The joke proposals all lead up to the real one, when Holt gets down on one knee in front of the entire class.
She says yes, and a band plays “When the Saints Go Marching In” as the two walked out of the classroom and down the hallway together.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World