Everything about this April 28 city council meeting in Georgetown, Texas, sounded completely civilized and serious — until the mayor forgot to turn off his mic when he went to the bathroom.
It all starts when Mayor Dale Ross gets up from his seat at the beginning of this clip from the live-stream of the meeting. Thirty seconds later, as Mayor Pro Tem Rachael Jonrowe talks about friends and family members who have contracted antibiotic-resistant infectious diseases, the man can be heard urinating and then flushing afterward.
What could be more embarrassing than having that private moment amplified on a loudspeaker? The Internet alleging that he did not wash his hands because no one could hear the sink running. A sassy Facebook comment suggests the city should raise money for hand-washing supplies for the facilities.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This