The newscast director at the Arizona CBS affiliate KOLD broke the news that he was leaving by bringing in a cake with the text of his resignation letter on top.
Mark Herman did give the station’s news director a print copy, but thought the dessert—white cake with strawberry filling and whipped cream frosting made by a Tucson bakery—would be a fun way to inform the rest of the office.
Herman, who is taking a new job at the Nashville ABC affiliate WKRN, tells TIME he wasn’t trying to get back at his bosses in any way: “I have a great relationship with my managers, so it’s all in good fun.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now