Skier Lindsey Vonn and golfer Tiger Woods have broken up.
“After nearly three years together, Tiger and I have mutually decided to end our relationship,” Vonn, 30, wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday.
“I will always cherish the memories that we’ve created together. Unfortunately, we both lead incredibly hectic lives that force us to spend a majority of our time apart.
“I will always admire and respect Tiger. He and his beautiful family will always hold a special place in my heart.”
Woods, 39, echoed a similar message on his website, adding, “She has been amazing with Sam and Charlie and my entire family.”
Less than two weeks ago, Vonn told PEOPLE that she felt “privileged” to spend time with Woods and his family, which includes daughter Sam, 7, and son Charlie, 6, from his previous marriage to Elin Nordegren.
“[His kids are] great. They’re amazing kids, and he’s an amazing father,” she said.
“You know, I feel privileged to be along for the ride, and I help as much as I can.”
Both athletes have been incredibly busy, with Woods continuing in the golf tournament circuit and Vonn gearing up for the 2018 Olympics after a devastating knee injury kept her from competing in the 2014 games in Sochi, Russia.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.