Skier Lindsey Vonn and golfer Tiger Woods have broken up.
“After nearly three years together, Tiger and I have mutually decided to end our relationship,” Vonn, 30, wrote in a Facebook post on Sunday.
“I will always cherish the memories that we’ve created together. Unfortunately, we both lead incredibly hectic lives that force us to spend a majority of our time apart.
“I will always admire and respect Tiger. He and his beautiful family will always hold a special place in my heart.”
Woods, 39, echoed a similar message on his website, adding, “She has been amazing with Sam and Charlie and my entire family.”
Less than two weeks ago, Vonn told PEOPLE that she felt “privileged” to spend time with Woods and his family, which includes daughter Sam, 7, and son Charlie, 6, from his previous marriage to Elin Nordegren.
“[His kids are] great. They’re amazing kids, and he’s an amazing father,” she said.
“You know, I feel privileged to be along for the ride, and I help as much as I can.”
Both athletes have been incredibly busy, with Woods continuing in the golf tournament circuit and Vonn gearing up for the 2018 Olympics after a devastating knee injury kept her from competing in the 2014 games in Sochi, Russia.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow