Major retailers and Disney Stores around the world will start selling the first merchandise tied to the upcoming film “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” during an event that will kick off just after midnight on Sept. 4.
Walt Disney Co announced the plans on Sunday, just ahead of May the Fourth, an unofficial holiday known among fans as Star Wars Day.
Demand for “Star Wars” merchandise is expected to jump with the Dec. 18 release of “The Force Awakens,” the first movie in 10 years from the celebrated sci-fi franchise, Wall Street analysts say.
At the Sept. 4 event, Disney stores and other retailers…
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer