Major retailers and Disney Stores around the world will start selling the first merchandise tied to the upcoming film “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” during an event that will kick off just after midnight on Sept. 4.
Walt Disney Co announced the plans on Sunday, just ahead of May the Fourth, an unofficial holiday known among fans as Star Wars Day.
Demand for “Star Wars” merchandise is expected to jump with the Dec. 18 release of “The Force Awakens,” the first movie in 10 years from the celebrated sci-fi franchise, Wall Street analysts say.
At the Sept. 4 event, Disney stores and other retailers…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving