It’s the battle of the “Fancy” sequels: Charli XCX may be dropping that kitty with Ty Dolla $ign and Tinashe, but Iggy Azalea and Britney Spears are making a power play for 2015’s song of the summer with their hotly anticipated collaboration, “Pretty Girls.” The Australian emcee begins her verse with a Fugees-Roberta Flack reference, as if to convince skeptics of her hip-hop credentials following last year’s backlash, while Britney alerts listeners that, despite the outer-space album art and her vocoder-heavy “Tom’s Diner” cover, she’s still capable of sounding like a human being.
The track leaked just a few days ahead of its planned May 4 premiere, but it’ll still make a hip addition to your Cinco de Mayo playlist—no one will be sick of hearing it yet.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up