It’s the battle of the “Fancy” sequels: Charli XCX may be dropping that kitty with Ty Dolla $ign and Tinashe, but Iggy Azalea and Britney Spears are making a power play for 2015’s song of the summer with their hotly anticipated collaboration, “Pretty Girls.” The Australian emcee begins her verse with a Fugees-Roberta Flack reference, as if to convince skeptics of her hip-hop credentials following last year’s backlash, while Britney alerts listeners that, despite the outer-space album art and her vocoder-heavy “Tom’s Diner” cover, she’s still capable of sounding like a human being.
The track leaked just a few days ahead of its planned May 4 premiere, but it’ll still make a hip addition to your Cinco de Mayo playlist—no one will be sick of hearing it yet.
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment