Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, are officially the grandparents to a little royal girl.
Charles, 66, was told the news while at Highgrove, his country estate roughly 100 miles from London.
Earlier in the week, the Prince of Wales had revealed that he and Camilla were hoping for a princess.
While greeting well-wishers at an event on Thursday in honor the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, Charles said that they were “hoping for a granddaughter.”
It seems that the new baby’s arrival will please a lot of people in the royal family as a friend revealed to PEOPLE earlier this week that Kate would “love a little girl.”
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer