Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, are officially the grandparents to a little royal girl.
Charles, 66, was told the news while at Highgrove, his country estate roughly 100 miles from London.
Earlier in the week, the Prince of Wales had revealed that he and Camilla were hoping for a princess.
While greeting well-wishers at an event on Thursday in honor the 1st Battalion Welsh Guards, Charles said that they were “hoping for a granddaughter.”
It seems that the new baby’s arrival will please a lot of people in the royal family as a friend revealed to PEOPLE earlier this week that Kate would “love a little girl.”
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears