Success in the U.S. came slowly to British electronic duo Disclosure, as their Sam Smith collaboration “Latch” became a sleeper hit two years after its U.K. release once the “Stay With Me” himself singer started blowing up stateside. Now with a Grammy nomination and a Mary J. Blige co-sign under their belt, the brothers Howard and Guy Lawrence are back with their first new song in years — and hopefully DJs around the country will latch on a little quicker this time.
Like other tracks on their debut, Settle, “Bang That” features a rubbery dance beat built around a sample (from 313 Bass Mechanics’ “Pass Out” ) that barks at listeners to start twerking and getting freaky. Though it’s unclear whether this is the first taste of their upcoming Settle follow-up or just something to tide you over, the band was right in thinking it’s a welcome gift as the weather heats up.
“As work speedily progresses on our next record, we wanted to give you guys something for the summer,” the boys wrote in a message on SoundCloud. “[We’ve] been playing this one in our DJ sets for a while now and couldn’t resist putting it up!”
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time