Conversations about money in the workplace, and salary negotiations in particular, are always difficult—but if it’s your first time having those discussions, it can be especially intimidating. That’s why we launched “Adulthood Made Easy,” a podcast through Panoply, that helps young women navigate the real world, from their first salary negotiation, to their first apartment hunt.
In the pilot, Greg Giangrande, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Time Inc. (Real Simple‘s parent company), offers advice about what you can (and can’t) ask for during your first year on the job. The best part? Host Sam Zabell works right here at Real Simple, and she has to have this entire money conversation in front of both of her bosses. Listen below, and if you want to hear more, make sure to subscribe in iTunes or on your favorite podcast app.
More from Real Simple:
- How to Build Your Confidence at Work
- 5 Common Interview Mistakes
- 15 Books for Graduates That’ll Impart All the Advice They Need
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time