Scientific research has shown that:
- We can’t be sure if blondes have more fun but they do make more money, raise more money and gentlemen do prefer them.
- Being well-groomed is correlated with better grades.
- Good grooming is associated with higher wages for men but not women. And if you’re ugly and underpaid, guys, definitely shave.
- Women who remove their pubic hair have better sexual function.
- A number of factors go in to whether a girl is attracted to men with hairy chests.
- Men are more likely to date women with the same hair color as their mother.
- Beards = sociable, mustaches = introverted, and stubble wins in both the smart and social categories.
- Redheads are seen as dumber than blondes. Women with dyed hair or short hair are seen as extroverted.
Join over 180,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
Read next: You Asked: Why Is My Hair Falling Out?