Jon Stewart bade farewell to Samantha Bee, the longest-serving correspondent on his news team, on Thursday night with a video clip reel highlighting the best of her work on The Daily Show.
Bee joined the show in 2003 and contributed biting, hilarious segments on topics like abortion, child labor and women in the military over the years. She always demonstrated a knack for backing her political and philosophical opponents into a corner until they articulated their own notions in the most absurd way possible, fell speechless, or admitted, “When you put it that way, it does sound rather arrogant, myopic, narrow-minded and bigoted.”
She’s leaving to host her own comedy series on TBS alongside her husband Jason Jones, a fellow Daily Show veteran.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time