Manny Pacquiao dropped between $3 million and $4 million to make sure 900 of his closest friends could come see his boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday.
Tickets for the highly anticipated matchup had an exorbitant sticker price — $10,000 for ringside seats, though they’re now going for much higher in online auctions. Only 500 tickets were made available to the public, and they were bought up in a matter of seconds, the Associated Press reports.
It’s unclear how large Mayweather’s entourage will be, but 900 voices cheering support will likely feel very good for Pacquiao in the ring.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart