Manny Pacquiao dropped between $3 million and $4 million to make sure 900 of his closest friends could come see his boxing match against Floyd Mayweather Jr. on Saturday.
Tickets for the highly anticipated matchup had an exorbitant sticker price — $10,000 for ringside seats, though they’re now going for much higher in online auctions. Only 500 tickets were made available to the public, and they were bought up in a matter of seconds, the Associated Press reports.
It’s unclear how large Mayweather’s entourage will be, but 900 voices cheering support will likely feel very good for Pacquiao in the ring.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases