Spike Lee would really prefer you to not watch his movies (or any movies) on your phone.
The director said at Variety’s Entertainment and Technology conference in New York that he knows he’s “a dinosaur,” but, as a filmmaker, “we kill ourselves with editing. With lighting. With sound.” That people experience movies on tiny screens where none of this can shine through is “heartbreaking” to Lee.
So do Spike a favor and get yourself to a real, live, old-fashioned movie theater this weekend.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time