Adriana Lima, a Victoria’s Secret model who’s spent more than a decade boxing, will be in Vegas for Saturday’s big matchup. The boxing world has been waiting years for Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao to fight one another in the ring, and she might be one of the most excited attendees.
“I’m a big Pacquiao fan and boxing fan, obviously,” Lima, who has trained with Pacquiao, tells TIME. “I don’t think everybody thought [the fight] was going to happen, but it’s the fight of the century and I’m going to be there in the arena.”
“It’s my first fight,” Lima says. “And for the first fight to be watching two of the greatest middleweight boxers in the world, it’s a dream for me.”
The matchup is expected to bring in at least $400 million in total revenue from sources like ticket sales, pay-per-view broadcast, sponsorships and merchandise. Even Mike Tyson has weighed in on the outcome, backing Pacquiao and calling Mayweather “a small, scared” competitor.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time