Men are more likely to date women with the same eye color as their mom. Women are more likely to date men with the same eye color as their father.
Via In Your Face: The New Science of Human Attraction:
Men are also more likely to date women with the same hair color as their mother.
Interestingly, women are more likely to be attracted to men who look like dad – only if they had a good relationship with their father.
Looking at photos, research subjects were able to tell (at a rate above chance) who was married to whom by looking for a resemblance between the bride and the groom’s mother, or between the groom and bride’s father.
Join over 151,000 readers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
This piece originally appeared on Barking Up the Wrong Tree.
10 things you need to know about attraction
An easy way for women to be more attractive to men and men to be more attractive to women
What physical characteristics are attractive in men and women?
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism