A couple is reeling after their house in Calgary, a city in Alberta, Canada, was trashed over the weekend by guests arranged through Airbnb, a website that allows people to rent out their homes to vacationers.
A video on the YouTube page for lifestyle blogger Misty Hamel shows police in the home of Star and Mark King, who came home to find condoms clogging their toilets and couch cushions in a pile on the kitchen floor. Photos also show cigarette butts on plates in the kitchen sink.
The party animals arrived last Saturday, and over the next few days, police responded to various noise complaints from neighbors, including one who claimed to see the house guests roll up in a party bus at one point during their stay, CTV News reports.
Surveying the damage, Staff Sgt. Jim Leung told the CBC that it the worst instance of a home being trashed that he had seen in his 27-year career with the police.
Airbnb is working with the home owners to provide them with resources to clean up the mess, a spokesperson tells TIME in a statement:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve