There are expensive earphones and then there are Sony’s new Just Ear XJE-MH1 earphones.
After unveiling the product late last year, the Japanese tech giant announced that it was taking advance orders this week for the earphones tailor-made to mesh with an individual’s environment, ears and audio tastes.
To optimize the listening experience, the buyer’s individual measurements are taken, allowing the device to fit snuggly along the contours of the outer ear. However, the experience does not come cheap.
Rocket News 24 reports that the headphones will sell for approximately $2,500.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far