Missing an hour of sleep turns a sixth grader’s brain into that of a fourth grader.
There is a correlation between grades and average amount of sleep.
Not only does it affect intelligence, lack of sleep also reduces impulse control.
And when we’re tired it’s actually harder to be happy. We can recall negative memories more than positive ones when we’re exhausted.
Join over 180,000 subscribers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- Workers Are Furious. Their Unions Are Scrambling to Catch Up
- What the Facebook Whistleblower Did to the Company's Stock in 6 Weeks
- Photos from Migrants' Desperate Journeys to the U.S. Border
- Emily Ratajkowski: How I Learned to Let Go
- Afghanistan's Female Students Were Banned from Studying. Now Some Are Finding New Ways to Learn
- The 'Safe Supply' Movement Aims to Curb Drug Deaths Linked to the Opioid Crisis
- The 19 Most Underrated Movies on Netflix
- By Ending Legacy Admissions, Amherst Hopes to Change the Makeup of Its Student Body