Missing an hour of sleep turns a sixth grader’s brain into that of a fourth grader.
There is a correlation between grades and average amount of sleep.
Not only does it affect intelligence, lack of sleep also reduces impulse control.
And when we’re tired it’s actually harder to be happy. We can recall negative memories more than positive ones when we’re exhausted.
Join over 180,000 subscribers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was