Missing an hour of sleep turns a sixth grader’s brain into that of a fourth grader.
There is a correlation between grades and average amount of sleep.
Not only does it affect intelligence, lack of sleep also reduces impulse control.
And when we’re tired it’s actually harder to be happy. We can recall negative memories more than positive ones when we’re exhausted.
Join over 180,000 subscribers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This