Missing an hour of sleep turns a sixth grader’s brain into that of a fourth grader.
There is a correlation between grades and average amount of sleep.
Not only does it affect intelligence, lack of sleep also reduces impulse control.
And when we’re tired it’s actually harder to be happy. We can recall negative memories more than positive ones when we’re exhausted.
Join over 180,000 subscribers. Get a free weekly update via email here.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State