When Mark Ruffalo isn’t busy doing Mark Ruffalo things like protesting fracking and being handsome, he’s kindly asking Marvel to sell more merchandise representing female characters.
Several people have noticed that Marvel excluded Black Widow (played by Scarlett Johansson) from nearly all of its Avengers: Age of Ultron merchandise. That includes shirts, toys and other products. A #WheresNatasha hashtag (referring to Black Widow’s alter ago Natasha Romanoff) made the rounds on Twitter to point out the lack of representation.
Mark Ruffalo, who plays the Hulk in the Avengers franchise, noticed Black Widow’s absence too, and called Marvel out on Twitter:
Ruffalo has also been retweeting comments from fans, who bring up some good points:
- Governor Gretchen Whitmer on Her Fight for Abortion Access in Michigan
- Inside the War on Fake Consumer Reviews
- Column: Europe's Refugee Crisis Is Going to Get Worse
- How Lawmakers Are Trying to Protect Abortion Data Privacy
- The Surprising Thing That Could Help Ease Inflation
- Finding the American Dream in Canada
- The Safest Sunscreens to Buy—and Which Ingredients to Avoid
- Fact-Checking 8 Claims About Crypto’s Climate Impact
- How Grief Upsets Your Gut Health
- Who Could Replace Boris Johnson As U.K. Prime Minister?