When Mark Ruffalo isn’t busy doing Mark Ruffalo things like protesting fracking and being handsome, he’s kindly asking Marvel to sell more merchandise representing female characters.
Several people have noticed that Marvel excluded Black Widow (played by Scarlett Johansson) from nearly all of its Avengers: Age of Ultron merchandise. That includes shirts, toys and other products. A #WheresNatasha hashtag (referring to Black Widow’s alter ago Natasha Romanoff) made the rounds on Twitter to point out the lack of representation.
Mark Ruffalo, who plays the Hulk in the Avengers franchise, noticed Black Widow’s absence too, and called Marvel out on Twitter:
Ruffalo has also been retweeting comments from fans, who bring up some good points:
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve