Fighting with a stick and a string from the paleolithic era isn’t much when you’re brawling alongside Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. So last night, during an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Jeremy Renner took to the stage to sing about the very human archer he plays in Avengers: Age of Ultron... promising that he can do more than just archery.
Sitting at a piano adorned with a bow and arrow (and wearing his iconic Hawkeye costume), Renner poured his heart out about being a well-loved but oft-forgotten member of the team. “Will the people believe that I’m not quite as tough? Will anyone even notice me?” Renner sang to the tune of Ed Shereen’s “Thinking Out Loud.” As the actor mused about the simpler things in life—like having a collection of scarves and berets, owning water-resistant socks, and getting free guac at Chipotle—a hilarious assortment of images played on a screen behind him, showing “Hawkeye” doing everyday activities like opening a pickle jar and playing Mario Kart.
Renner closed out his performance by reminding the world, “I’m friggin’ Hawkeye, maybe I’m as super as a star.” You can find out yourself in the next Avengers movie, which hits theaters May 1.
Watch the full video here:
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow