Fighting with a stick and a string from the paleolithic era isn’t much when you’re brawling alongside Iron Man, Hulk and Thor. So last night, during an interview with Jimmy Fallon, Jeremy Renner took to the stage to sing about the very human archer he plays in Avengers: Age of Ultron... promising that he can do more than just archery.
Sitting at a piano adorned with a bow and arrow (and wearing his iconic Hawkeye costume), Renner poured his heart out about being a well-loved but oft-forgotten member of the team. “Will the people believe that I’m not quite as tough? Will anyone even notice me?” Renner sang to the tune of Ed Shereen’s “Thinking Out Loud.” As the actor mused about the simpler things in life—like having a collection of scarves and berets, owning water-resistant socks, and getting free guac at Chipotle—a hilarious assortment of images played on a screen behind him, showing “Hawkeye” doing everyday activities like opening a pickle jar and playing Mario Kart.
Renner closed out his performance by reminding the world, “I’m friggin’ Hawkeye, maybe I’m as super as a star.” You can find out yourself in the next Avengers movie, which hits theaters May 1.
Watch the full video here:
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization