Neither the Beatles nor any single members of the Beatles had ever played “Another Girl” live, the fifth track off 1965’s Help!, until now: Paul McCartney performed the song at Japan’s Nippon Budokan Tuesday, according to NME.
McCartney last played at the venue in the summer of 1966 when The Beatles went on a short tour of Asia that also included shows in the Phillipines. He said playing there for the first time in almost 50 years was “sensational and quite emotional remembering the first time and then experiencing this fantastic audience,” NME reports. “It was thrilling for us and we think it was probably the best show we did in Japan and it was great to be doing the Budokan 49 years later. It was crazy. We loved it.”
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time