Neither the Beatles nor any single members of the Beatles had ever played “Another Girl” live, the fifth track off 1965’s Help!, until now: Paul McCartney performed the song at Japan’s Nippon Budokan Tuesday, according to NME.
McCartney last played at the venue in the summer of 1966 when The Beatles went on a short tour of Asia that also included shows in the Phillipines. He said playing there for the first time in almost 50 years was “sensational and quite emotional remembering the first time and then experiencing this fantastic audience,” NME reports. “It was thrilling for us and we think it was probably the best show we did in Japan and it was great to be doing the Budokan 49 years later. It was crazy. We loved it.”
This article originally appeared on EW.com.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization